Taylor & Hammel LLC is one of the premier research companies for asbestos litigation. In our research, we regularly identify the manufacturers of boilers, turbines, pumps, valves, condensers, distillers, turbo-generators and other machinery and equipment aboard U.S. Navy, Coast Guard and Maritime Commission vessels. We also are able to frequently determine through available archival records if asbestos or asbestos-containing insulating material was present in any of the machinery aboard a particular vessel and where that machinery was located on each vessel. Finally, we regularly retrieve personnel diaries and muster rolls, proving when a certain individual was aboard a ship and identifying their shipmates.
Taylor & Hammel LLC is expert at reviewing inspection reports, construction records, correspondence files, muster rolls / personnel diaries, cruise books, deck logs, specifications, ship and hull plans and other documentation at the National Archives in College Park, Maryland and Washington, D.C, the Naval Historical Center and Library, and the Washington National Records Center in Suitland, Maryland, among other research repositories. At the National Archives, we regularly review the following collections for asbestos research:
· Record Group 19: Records of the Bureau of Ships
· Record Group 24: Records of the Bureau of Navy Personnel
· Record Group 26: Records of the United States Coast Guard
· Record Group 38: Records of the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations
· Record Group 71: Records of the Bureau of Yards and Docks
· Record Group 80: General Records of the Department of the Navy (Pre-1947)
· Record Group 178: Records of the U.S. Maritime Commission
· Record Group 181: Records of Naval Districts and Shore Establishments
· Record Group 344: Records of the Naval Ship Systems Command
· Record Group 428: General Records of the Department of the Navy (Post-1947)
Click on the following for examples of documents found on asbestos research projects (Inspection Report and Ship Plan).